Many countries have a union, guild or trade association that represents their motion picture industry and the people that work in it. Some of these organisations have the authority to regulate pay and stipulate working terms and conditions; others can only advise “best practice” and provide support. Either way, we’ve listed some pay rate guides and agreements, where we could find them, or the local organisation that should be able to provide this to members or people living in that region.
Pay Rates and Agreements for MUAs
Last updated: 05 August 2017
- Various agreements and pay rate guides can be found here: www.alliance.org.au/award-summaries/film-tv-technicians/view-category
- Alberta – contact IATSE Local 210.
- British Columbia and the Yukon (IATSE Local 891) – pay rates guide.
- British Columbia (ACFC West Local 2020) – terms and conditions.
- Calgary – contact IATSE Local 212.
- New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island – contact IATSE Local 849.
- Québec – contact IATSE Local 514.
- Toronto – contact IATSE Local 873.
- Vancouver – contact IATSE Local 118.
- Hard to find an up-to-date document. This is the most recent pay rates and terms information we could find.
- Various guides and information about pay rates and conditions from Film New Zealand: http://www.filmnz.com
- Pay rates for hair and makeup personnel for film, television, commericals and low-budget productions (from BECTU).
- For theatre personnel, there is the UK Theater (formerly TMA) agreement with BECTU. You need to be a BECTU member to access the information: http://www.bectu.org.uk/advice-resources/agreements/tma
- Pay rates and terms and conditions for all crew working in film, television and commercials (from IATSE – agreement of 2015).
- Pay rates for low-budget productions (from IATSE).
If you know of more up-to-date links, or have links/information for other countries, please get in touch and let us know so we can share it. Thanks 🙂
Our thanks to:
- Jenni Schenk for the update on IATSE rates (USA).